Most of the time, we are often too busy to pay attention to things that happen around, but there are times when we suffer an accident or see someone who does. That’s when we need to have some information and phone numbers to contact the right people to help us.
We can always reach 9-1-1 when we are having an emergency, or someone near us is in danger. Since its inception in 1963, the number has widespread all over the world, is now used not only in the United States, but also in Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, and others. This is because the number is easy to remember, easy to dial, and some specialized operators can pick up your call 24/7. By using it, you can report a crime to a police department, call for an ambulance, a hospital, among others.
Along with this number, there are others to reach in case of specific problems like hurricanes, chemical spills, and so on. Plus, every state and county have its police department, each with its phone number.
The following list has some of those numbers which can come in handy in case of an urgent need for them. This list only covers Broward County, and mainly Ft. Lauderdale:
- Emergency: 9-1-1
- Emergency Communications Network (ECN): 1 (866) 533-6935
- National Response Center (in case of public health issues or treats, like oil, radiation, biological, and chemical spills): 1 (800) 424-8802
- American Red Cross (Broward County): (954) 359-3800
- Animal Control (Broward County): (954) 797-3800
- Hurricane Hotline (Broward County): (954) 831-4000
- 24-hours Customer Service (Ft. Lauderdale): (954) 828-8000
- Domestic Preparedness and Emergency Management Bureau (Ft. Lauderdale): (954) 828-6700.
- Hazardous Materials Response Team (HazMat)(Ft. Lauderdale): (954) 828-3616
- Hurricane Hotline (Ft. Lauderdale): (954) 828-8000
- Police Department (Ft. Lauderdale)(to report a crime): (954) 764-HELP or (954) 764-4357
For additional assistance in the matters of security and emergencies, it would be wise to contact Blackwater Protection, so you can get personalized help from experts to solve your needs and inquiries.
Facebook: Blackwater Protection
Google+: Blackwater Protection
Instagram: Blackwater US
LinkedIn: Blackwater Agency
Phone: (303) 226 7171